As the end of my second to last semester as a law student draws near to the end, I find myself not wanting to do anything but watch Netflix at home. While this is not a new feeling and I have in fact felt it often during my time as a law student, the feeling has grown stronger with each passing semester and I can only imagine the strength it will possess come next semester. While it can be easy and even fun to give into the feeling of ignoring your school work and hoping that it will go away, there is likely a better way to approach the end of law school or the end of any major event in your life. Yesterday as I was at home, I was watching a world cup skiing event. I've never skied in my life but I love snow so I watched the event. As the racers got close to the finish line, they would always lean forward and give one last burst of energy to make sure they crossed the finish line as fast as possible. I understood why some of the racers who were only separated from others by a fraction of a second felt the need to do this but I was confused when I saw the last racer. She was the last racer of the day and started her final run a full two seconds ahead of the other racers. Despite her lead, she nonetheless leaned forward as she crossed the finish line. While she may have done this out of habit, I believe there was another reason that could readily be applied to law school. When she got near the end of the race, she knew that this was  her last chance to improve herself and really leave it all on the course. She didn't want to go leisurely from the slopes that day probably winning a medal, but she wanted to lay it all on the line. In law school, some semesters don't end up the way we want them to. This can be disappointing to say the least. I believe that it is less disappointing if we give everything we have throughout the semester and really work hard, leaning for that finish line at the end. If we do that, either in a race, in college, or in law school, we can walk away from the course or school knowing that we gave everything we had. In the end, we can only be expected to try our hardest and do our best, if we do that we can walk away with our heads held high. If however, we relax early and don't really push ourselves there will always be that thought of what could have been. It is my hope that when we look back at our schooling twenty years from now we can all say that we tried our best all throughout our schooling careers and that we were leaning for that line giving all that we had.