One of the requirements to graduate from the College of Law is completing forty hours of Pro-Bono work. I have known about this requirement since I began school but for the first two years of school treated it like a problem for future Greg. As my 3L year began I finally faced the fact that I would have to find something to fulfill this requirement. Admittedly I had a somewhat less than enthusiastic attitude about the project. Something about the notion of compulsory volunteerism rubbed me the wrong way. I chose to participate in the Immigration Clinic and have very much enjoyed helping people; but the idea of being required to do left me cold. However, I want to graduate and needed hours so when the opportunity to participate in Citizenship Day in Moses Lake, Washington I signed up. I awoke in the dark hours on a Saturday and made my way to Moses Lake. I spent the day helping people fill out the forms to be become naturalized citizens. My bad attitude about being made to serve quickly faded in the face of the people I was helping. After two years of hypothetical legal situations I found helping real people to extremely rewarding. Law school can seem like endless puzzles but the Pro Bono put me in a place where I could see the human aspect behind all the law.  While my attitude may have been less than stellar in the beginning, my Pro Bono requirement gave me a timely infusion of real world human interaction. Lawyers help people solve their problems and fulfilling my Pro Bono requirement gave me the chance to help people while still in law school.