This summer has been incredibly busy! I obtained my limited law license in Idaho so that I could work at a personal injury law firm in Boise as a legal intern. This turned out to be a great decision because the law firm has kept me busy drafting pleadings, discovery, attending mediations and hearings, and working on an appeal to the Idaho Supreme Court. Through this job I have learned that being a lawyer is great and rewarding, but also extremely stressful at times! However, I have gotten a better picture of what the day-to-day tasks of life in a law firm.  

I have also been volunteering at the ITLA Street Law Clinic at the Boise Public Library. This experience is amazing! Working with local attorneys, I have been able to help real clients with real legal problems who cannot afford to hire an attorney. Not only have I met incredible attorneys in the Boise area, but I have been helping to better my community by providing this pro bono service. The clinic is so popular that the line of people needing help is often out the door!

My life hasn’t just been about law, however. I have spent time enjoying the summer sun by boating, hiking, spending quality time with friends and family, and going to a number of concerts. This summer has been a nice time to decompress from law school, but honestly, I am ready to get back into it. I can’t wait to see what the Boise campus is like and meet new professors and students. This is my last year of law school and I am excited at the prospect of only having 1 year left, and also a bit sad because this roller coaster ride called law school has been exciting!