The moment had finally arrived. I sat in the University of Idaho undergraduate library, looking at my computer screen, with a blank stare on my face. There on the screen in front of me was the email I had been anxiously waiting for months to receive - the results of my LSAT test were just a click away. After several deep breaths I clicking the link to reveal my destiny... The worst of the worst had happened - I bombed the LSAT! Without a moment to spare, I gathered my things and headed for Director Carole Wells' office. I did not know what I was going to say, or what I was going to do, but I had to talk to her immediately and let her know that I was more than that number on my computer screen. Since my results came out during Director Wells' "peak season," she was out on a recruitment trip and was not in her office (in hindsight I think this is a blessing). For the next several days I contemplated my next move... Do I retake the LSAT? Do I just give up on this law school idea? Maybe I should have stuck with engineering! Fortunately, Director Wells was quick to respond to my numerous emails, and she gave me the best advice anybody could have at that moment, "Just sleep on it, we all know you are more than an LSAT score." Long story short, I took Director Wells' advice, slept on it, and decided that if I was not admitted with the LSAT score I received then it was not my time for law school and I would simply take a few years off and come back. Several months later, I received a phone call from Director Wells and she notified me that I had been admitted to the University of Idaho College of Law! The weight of the world was lifted off my shoulders, and words cannot explain the next several months of anxiety and fear as I prepared to commence my law school career. Throughout the last several weeks I have participated in various career fairs across the Treasure Valley. The common question that I always get is "Will I get in with this score?" and "Should I retake the LSAT?" Now, obviously everybody's scenario is different; however, I truly believe that the best advice is to sleep on it, and ask around. As unpleasant as the LSAT was for me, I personally made the decision that if I was going to have to retake it, it was going to be several years after I first took it. To some, the idea of retaking is not a big deal and more power to them. It truly depends on the person and what he or she decides is best for them. In closing, I wanted to share this story to reiterate what I have told several prospective law students this fall - there are a lot of things the admissions council looks at besides your LSAT score. Grades, writing samples, letters of recommendation, and your overall life story, all play a big part in the decision to admit or deny a student. I obviously cannot speak for the admissions council, as I am not a member of said council, however it appears to me that a poor LSAT score can be overcome with a solid GPA, and a writing sample that shows a potential student's desire to learn and help others. In short, put together a solid application package that shows you are the real deal. Sell yourself, be truthful, and enjoy the ride! As always, please do not hesitate to contact me should you have any questions or concerns.